Wednesday 27 April 2011

WGD Rest in Peace

My heart is heavy today.....I have recently learned the news that the WGD, Maja has gone over the "rainbow bridge" as her owner has so eloquently referred to her untimely demise. If you know of Maja, you may have been  one of the thousands that were rooting for her. There was a glimmer of hope a week ago when we all rejoiced that she was stronger than ever and going in for chemo. Unfortunately she lost that battle but not in vain, her spirit lives on.

Although I have not had the opportunity to meet her, she's been pretty much my main focus over the past few months. It's been an absolute privilege to paint her, see her photos that her owner has shared of her good times and sometimes not so good times. She's touched many people's hearts from afar and I was one of them.

I hope I have done her justice with this painting. RIP Maja.
  
"The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of its master."

7 comments:

  1. It is beautiful. I think Brett and Maja would be honored. We have been watching Maja as well. She has been on my mind as well as knowing this will be my reality some day. God bless our pets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words. Bless our pets indeed.

    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!
    We should all be so lucky to have a beautiful tribute to our pet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much appreciated Claire. If you have a pet, give it an extra hug and kiss today! We never know how long we have with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now THIS is a Masterpiece!
    You have an amazing gift.What a privilege to have been given this responsibility.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job....you captured Maja's soul. I believe that she's looking up at Brett with utter devotion and love. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. I tried to capture the sweetness and warmth in her eyes. Honestly, I could paint her forever. There are so many pictures I fell in love with. From the way she rests her paws on people is so endearing to me. You can see she's a very kind dog and just wants to be loved and to show affection. Her life was cut far too short.

    ReplyDelete