Friday 15 April 2011

Maja the great

Well this is a bittersweet post. I've been painting over the last few days. Home sick with a nagging cough but I can still hold a paintbrush in my hand! So I was just getting set up to paint and I turned my cellphone on to get my Facebook and Twitter updates when I saw an update about Maja. Her cancer is back again and it seems like the Wilson family will have to make some big heart heavy decisions.  I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to paint her. This dog is truly special. She's had the most wonderful life, possibly better than most humans! She's been loved and adored by many near and far and been a wonderful faithful pet and companion. She will be fondly remembered by so many. I hope my painting will do her justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment