Thursday 19 May 2011

And finally the two become one.....Maja & Brett reunited

I was fortunate enough that shortly after the completion of the Maja painting,  I noticed that none other than the WBW himself (Brett) or "B-dawg" ;) would be in the Toronto area at an event not too far from where I work. Oh joy and happy dance to ensue! I live in Toronto, he lives in Calgary, this was a perfect opportunity to deliver the painting in person. But wait....could I...should I....Well...they named a song after me, didn't they?!!! Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets! So it shall be!

The Fire Breathing Dragon himself was hosting, Polo for Heart in the City http://www.polointhecity.ca/ helping to raise funds for the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Insert swoon here. I'm ready to slap a giant "S" across his chest - not only is he socially conscious, he relentlessly extends his name & presence to so many worthy charities and events. Not only that but Maja followed suit. She truly was an amazing animal. Brett has often referred to her as a healer. She worked with children, visited people at the hospital and she would go to the old age homes among many of her duties that she clearly relished.  So it seems so appropriate that Maja still has so many followers on Facebook and so many people that were rooting for her and cared about her and to this day still do.

 So this was a challenge! Although he was unfathomably busy, he and his "magician" assistant, Robin managed to squeeze me in to meet with him. Mountains were moved, hills were climbed, rivers parted....yada yada, you get the drift. I finally got the opportunity to present him with the painting of his beloved Maja. He liked it, he really really liked it! Sigh...relief sets in, whew! And he couldn't be any nicer. Made me feel like a million bucks! And I must add - I got the most genuine hug that day! A-plus B-dawg! Pictures speak for themselves. Good gawd, this is going to be hard to top! Best day ever!

Lola, the lovely Maja and Brett


The two become one

No comments:

Post a Comment